COTA held the January 2013 proposed service changes meeting on September 18. Most of the changes were proposed based on events happening.
Spring Street Bridge Re-Opens
- #6 Mt. Vernon – Will eliminate the Broad Street detour and use the pre-construction alignment of Spring Street.
- #11 St. Clair – Will eliminate the Broad Street detour and use the pre-construction alignment of Spring Street/Mt. Vernon.
- #16 E. Long – Will eliminate the Broad Street detour and use the pre-construction alignment of Spring Street.
Dodridge Bridge Re-Opens
- #7 Neil Avenue – Will eliminate the Lane Avenue detour and use the pre-construction alignment of Dodridge St.
- #81 Hudson/Ohio – Will eliminate the Lane Avenue detour and use the pre-construction alignment of Dodridge St.
Hollywood Casino Planned Opening October 8
- #6 Sullivant – In May 2013, the route will enter the Casino from the Georgesville Road entrance and eliminate the Shoppers Lane stop within Westland Mall area.
- #10 W. Broad – In January 2013, the route will enter the Casino from Broad Street and eliminate the Shoppers Lane stops.
- #222 W. Broad Casino (Friday and Saturday) – A limited stop service with late night service between the Arena District and the Casino.
Westview Turnaround (Graceland Shopping Center turn around replacement)
- #2 N. High – Buses serving the Crosswoods Park and Ride will continue to stop at the Graceland Shopping Center. The other buses will not serve Graceland and will turn around at the Westview Turnaround.
- #4 Indianola – Graceland Shopping Center stops are eliminated. Broad Meadows service is unaffected but all other routes will use the Westview Turnaround.
- #95 Morse – Graceland Shopping Center stops are eliminated and the Westview Turnaround will be used as a replacement.
12th Avenue at OSU resumes 2-way travel in November
- #7 Neil, #18 Kenny, #66 Hilliard / OSU, #80 OSU/Lennox, #82 Grandview/OSU – I’m unsure the previous detour but in November, routes will resume pre-construction alignments.
The remaining changes depend on future analysis:
- #4 Parsons Avenue and #9 Leonard/Brentnell have demand for improved peak-hour connections.
Bus Stop Improvement Project (no details on any stop removals, yet)
- #9 Leonard/Brentnell
- #16 E. Long / S. High
- #87 Cassady
And finally, odds-and-ends:
- 2013 Short-Range Transit Plan will be discussed in Public Meetings in mid-October
- Delawanda Park and Ride expansion
- Downtown High Street Shelters will be replaced in December and January
- Implementation of High Street on-street parking is on-going.
- Various changes to travel times to improve on-time performance.