The Dispatch article below from last week reminded me that you all need to go take the regional plan survey. I think it took me about 15 minutes, but I filled in a lot of comments in the boxes. It wasn’t clear to me when the survey will cease to be available, so go do it right away just in case you miss the deadline.
MORPC asks for advice in planning for future
Input sought on transportation, development, energy issues
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:03 AM
By Mark Ferenchik
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
If you think the area’s roads are too congested or the air’s too dirty, or you simply want to tell area leaders you plan on sticking around central Ohio, you’ve got a chance to speak your mind.
For the first time, the region’s planners are asking residents of 12 counties to participate in planning for transportation, land use, economic-development and environmental and energy issues.
…The goal is to lay out a plan to guide officials with their decisions on development and major public projects so that they are sustainable and give the area a competitive economic advantage.
It takes about 10 minutes to complete the anonymous survey.
The questions cover a lot of ground:
• What do you like most about central Ohio? The least? What do you think sets central Ohio apart from other places?
• Is there a smog problem? Will climate change hurt central Ohio?
• How high would gas prices have to be to force you to use some other method to get to work?
• How competitive is central Ohio for attracting and retaining businesses?
• What’s the main reason why you live in central Ohio?